Ultradur® – the polybutylene terephthalate (PBT) for high-quality components
Ultradur® is BASF’s brand name for its line of partially crystalline, thermoplastic, saturated polyesters derived from polybutylene terephthalate (PBT). They are employed as materials for high-quality technical components in many industry sectors.
Ultradur® is especially suited for components in automotive construction as well as electrical engineering and electronics, but also for household, construction and packaging applications.
Ultradur® is a highly stressable material:
- high rigidity and strength
- very good dimensional stability under heat
- low water absorption
- good resistance to many chemicals
- exceptional resistance to weathering
- excellent heat ageing behavior