TPU Ravathane® is a thermoplastic polyurethane block copolymer formed by a reaction of iso-cyanates and diols. Dependent of the soft part a Polyester based or a Polyether based TPU is possible.
Thermoplastic polyurethane Ravathane® exhibits:
- Polyester based hardness from 65 Shore A to 55 shore D
- Polyether based hardness from 95 Shore A to 65 shore D
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- High elasticity
- High tensile & tear strength
- Oil resistance
- Excellent low temperature properties
TPU Ravathane® can be used in a wide range of temperatures. TPU Ravathane® can be used in temperatures ranging from -40°C to 80°C, and some grades even up to 120°C short-term.
Polyether based TPU’s are mainly used in applications where excellent hydrolysis and microbial resistance is needed.
Typical Ravathane ® TPU applications:
- Consumer (shoe soles, phone cases, sealings)
- Automotive (gear knobs, trays and holders, sealing strips)
- Construction (conveyer and drive belts, durable soft touch, wheels)
- Electronics (cable jacketing, housings)
- Medical (tubing, cow ear plugs)